About the Recipe
I love stuffed peppers. These could be a good breakfast or lunch option
❤️2 cups (60g) spinach, chopped
❤️4 red medium bell peppers
❤️4 egg whites
❤️2 tbsp. almond milk
❤️1 tsp. coconut oil
❤️1 small onion, chopped
❤️1 lb. (450g) lean ground turkey
❤️2 tsp. oregano
❤️1 tsp. cumin
❤️½ cup (50g) cheese (dairy or plant-based)
❤️parsley, chopped to serve
1. Heat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2.Beat the eggs, egg whites and milk, then set aside.
3.Heat the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes until softened and browned.
4. Add in the turkey, oregano and cumin, season with salt and pepper. Cook until meat is cooked through, about 5 minutes. Then add the spinach, and mix until it wilts about 2 minutes.
5. Increase the heat and add in the eggs. Pull the eggs across the skillet with a spatula. Repeat for about 3 minutes until eggs are cooked. Then set aside.
6. Cut the peppers horizontally and remove the seeds, then stuff with the scrambled eggs and turkey.
7. Place the peppers in a baking dish and sprinkle them with grated cheese.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes, until cheese, has melted and the edges have browned.
To serve sprinkle with chopped parsley.